Sri Lankan Coconut Porridge
- 1 cup porridge oats (gluten free optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 4 roughly chopped dates
- A small handful of roughly chopped cashew nuts
- ½ banana
- Combine the coconut milk with the oats and soak in the fridge overnight. You can use a coconut milk and water blend which can be found in the milk section in most supermarkets.
- The next day, give the soaked oats a stir and add a dash more coconut milk if you would like the porridge to be more moist.
- Drizzle the tahini and then the honey over the top.
- Roughly chop the dates and the cashew nuts and sprinkle them over the top.
- Slice the banana and scatter it over the top.